July 1, 2012 § Leave a comment
This blog post will certainly interest Blogger who appreciates the benefits of Guest Blogging.
I’ve had a few concerned Bloggers ask me if everything was OK, considering that I haven’t posted on our Blog for a while. That’s what I love about Blogger’s, they are such a nice bunch of people! Well thanks for your concern and I’m very much alive and well 🙂
June, was an extremely busy month, mainly because of the massive change-over of sites. Here’s what happened.
1. I decided to dump the ASP.NET website and move it over to a WordPress CMS. Our new site has been live since 2nd June 2012 and if you haven’t seen it then check it out – it’s really grown – http://hometipster.com
2. I wanted to do more with Hometipster.com and while we had an extensive Library of How To Guides for Home Improvement and Gardening, I wanted to extend the offerings which would allow me to write about many other things for the home and garden. So I basically turned Hometipster.com into a fully fledged ‘Home and Garden Magazine‘. We now have loads more going on in the new categories Home Ideas and Garden Ideas. Just to give you a flavor, we have articles on Architecture, Interior and Exterior Design, Landscaping, Art, Kitchens, Bathrooms and this list goes on.
Why did I do all this? Well it came down to the fact that I was getting more and more requests from Bloggers to do ‘Guest Posts’ and the move over to WordPress and opening up more areas of interest allowed me to satisfy these requests.
Quick Note on Guest Blogging – For starters you can include rich keyword text links back to your own blog or website. I also extensively share all articles posted though the social networks to provide you with even more readers. You can create an Author’s Bio so that people can follow your posts. You can also feature in the ‘Top Contributors’ section.
All of this is designed to help YOU get a better deal from Guest Blogging. Rules? Yep, we have a few – see Guest Blogging
Hold On Folks… I nearly forgot to mention that we are running a competition to Win an iPad 2. The competition is open to anyone posting articles on Hometipster.com. I thought this would be a nice way to reward our Guest Bloggers – enter now and have fun – Good Luck!
So, as you can see an awful lot has gone on this month over at Hometipster.com. Since the move to WordPress, and the increased content areas, I’ve experienced an increase in readers of over 300% on a day to day basis. I’m also seeing a lot more people registering for the ‘Daily Update’ emails, which consist of any articles that have been posted that day… another great reason to Guest Blog as I actively promote your posts to my readers.
So there, you have it… a complete update in a few words what I’ve been up to. If you have any questions about Guest Blogging please leave these in the comment box below.
Happy Blogging folks!
June 12, 2012 § Leave a comment
We’ve just publish an article on Singapore’s new Botanical Gardens. If you are one of those people who really loves your plants and you’re never been to Singapore then this might just give you the perfect excuse to buy that air ticket and explore.
I guarantee you won’t be disappointed in Singapore – it is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and just walking around the city will delight any garden enthusiast as it is planted everywhere.
I hope you enjoy the article. Singapore Botanical Gardens
June 11, 2012 § 2 Comments
We’re really excited here at Hometipster.com because we’ve just added three new sections to our website.
- Home Ideas – this is designed to cover a multitude of articles to help inspire homeowners, from articles on Kitchens, Bedrooms, Living Spaces, Basements… even Art and Architecture.
- Garden Ideas – in the same concept as Home Ideas but focusing on Landscaping, Outdoor Entertainment, Patios, Decking and more.
- Home and Garden News – Designed to provide information on what’s going on with the Home and Garden market and includes everything that affects the homeowner and gardener. It’s a way for people to voice their opinions and determine what events are taking place.
These new areas really do broaden the content we can deliver to our ever growing number of readers and is designed to assist our Article Contributors to post a wider range of content that will help them promote their own websites or blogs.
Is it worth contributing content to Hometipster.com?
Just the other day I received an email from Jessi. Jessi had just signed up as a contributor but was a little concerned if her efforts would produce any tangible results, in term of traffic to her own blog. That’s a fair concern and I let Jessi know that:
- Submitting an article is completely free
- You can include up to 3 Keyword Rich Text Links within the body of the article
- You can include a URL Link direct to your website or blog within your ‘Author’s Bio’ which appears at the bottom of each article you produce
I’m delighted to say that Jessi went ahead and produced her first article. We then set about promoting that article through all our Social Networks. Jessi herself also promoted her article in the same way. Within just 1 day…
- Over 60 people read the article
- 9 people Pinned her article in Pinterest
- Jessi had over 22 visitors
And that was just in the first day!
Our readership is growing on a daily basis and as more people find us, more people are sharing the great content we, and our contributors, write through their social networks, so why not become part of something special and inspire people through your knowledge and expertise. Article writing is and will remain one of the best free methods for promoting your own website or blog.
Registering to become a contributing author is free. Submitting articles is free. Adding Keyword Rich Text Links is free. Adding a URL Link in your Author’s Bio is free. In other words it’s the best piece of free marketing you will ever get for your website or blog.
If you want to know more the please contact me.
Graham Briar, Co-Founder, Hometipster.com
June 7, 2012 § Leave a comment
After a lot of feedback we decided to change Hometipster.com. The decision was based mostly on people who wanted to contribute to the content and benefit from the articles they write. We looked at a number of CMS and in the end there was only one clear winner and was WordPress.
I am delighted to announce to all our readers and content contributors that the new site is now fully operational and when you register and log in you’ll be completely familiar with the WordPress system. For those of you who are new to using WordPress, don’t worry – it’s one of the easiest CMS there is out there.
As always, we welcome anyone to register and write content. Full details are available on the site: Hometipster.com
We hope you enjoy using and benefiting from the new site.
February 8, 2012 § Leave a comment
I’ve had a number of my subscribers show a little concern as to where I have been, due to the lack of blogging for the last few day. Thanks for all the concern guys and girls but I’m fine. I had to lock myself in the broom cupboard for a while to get the all NEW Hometipster.com website completed and live. It was a monumental task.
Over the last 9 months we’ve had a lot of feedback from our site visitors and some of it wasn’t pleasant… no, not pleasant at all. It wasn’t due to the fact that people were trying to be mean, it’s just that some were very critical of the website, how it worked, what it looked like and how our guides and videos were presented.
All in all I have to say the feedback we got was excellent, even if a little hurtful, but the trouble with running a website is that not everyone will like it, but again, from all the feedback Andrew and I were able to rebuild the entire site.
I know I’ve been away from my blog for a little over a week, but the redesign did take a lot longer. In fact it took us nearly 4 months but that’s not bad for two guys, mum making the tea and lots of ginger biscuits (yummy!).
So, drum roll….. What did we do and how is it holding up with our critics?
1. We completely redesigned the whole site – from scratch! Everything is new, apart from our Logo.
2. We included a new side bar navigation system that allows people to get to the Guides and Videos much quicker.
3. We changed the layout of the Guide Pages, so that if a video is present then it takes center stage.
4. We made the text guides much easier to read and follow. Each one now is clearly numbered, Step 1, Step 2, etc, with lots of white space so it is just much easier to read
5. We included a widget on the Guide Pages that delivers other guides that are relevant to what the person is reading at the time – useful to get more information
6. For the home page, we now have a page delivers, automatically, new guides. We’ve also make the home page more graphical by adding images to guides, but we were careful not to over do it.
7. This is a BIG ONE… we decided to forego Ginger Biscuits for a while and spend the money on a new ANSWERS system. This now allows folks to post questions and answer questions that other people have. We want Hometipster.com to become more helpful to our visitor so this allows for the site to be more community driven.
It was a lot of work and there is more to come. We are working on a few areas to provide even more useful content to help our visitors. So far the feedback from our critics, even the most hardened web users, has proved very positive. A couple of people even paid us the complement of being as good, if not better than many other DIY and Gardening websites out there. 🙂
I’m not going to say it was all plain sailing. Most of you guys know how difficult it is these days to operate a successful website. There’s always so much to do and I know I put in over 12 hours a day, 7 days a week (it’s a good job I love what I do).
Please do take a visit and if you have any comments, suggestions or criticisms then feel free to contact us.
Hope you like the ALL NEW Hometipster.com
January 31, 2012 § Leave a comment
Firstly, we would like to say a huge THANK YOU! to all the folks that left feedback on Hometipster.com during the last 6 months. This feedback has allowed us to re-design Hometipster.com so that is it far more interactive, easier to use, faster to load and much easier to navigate.
We’ve still got a few tweaks to do and update a few more interactive elements, but the bones of the site is now live.
So what has changed?
1. We now have a brand new look. Everything is set out so that the information you want is much easier to find.
2. We’ve upgraded the ‘Search’ facility so that produces far better search results for the content on Hometipster.com
3. We have a brand new ANSWERS system, so you can ask questions and get answers from our community members – Yes it is dedicated to DIY (Do It Yourself & Home Improvements) and Gardening.
Apart from working on
1. Our own DIY & Gardening Tool Shop. We’re running this in association with Amazon and you’ll be able to buy all the DIY and Gardening Tools you need right on our website.
2. Find a Tradesman – This will help you find a tradesman in the UK that has been recommended by other people, from Builders, Electricians, Plumbers, Carpenters and more.
Again, thanks for all the kind comments and feedback. We’ll keep working hard as usual.
Graham and the Hometipster.com Team